4 Feb 2006

Four Things

So, I got tagged. I didn't know what that meant until a few days ago and now I even know what 'meme' means in net speak! Thanks Deb.


Four jobs I’ve had

  • Potato gathering

  • Bar waitress

  • Radioactivity metrologist

  • Tutor to 1st year physics students


Four movies I can watch over and over

It’s tricky to name only 4 and the films I can watch over and over are not all the same as some of my favorite films. So in this category I would put;

  • Annie Hall; great love story and just tooooo funny!

  • Good Will Hunting; I LOVE this film and have seen it many times.

  • Finding Nemo; It’s got great characters and is one of my favorite children’s films

  • Grease; Come on, it’s funny, cheesy and has good songs!


Four places I’ve lived

  • Holywood; in a horrible house with beautiful views.

  • London; Went to UCL in’89 and it was amazing.

  • Coventry; Hated it.

  • Vienna, Virginia (for 2 months in ’91)


Four TV shows I love

  • Fr Ted; 3 mad Priests stuck on Craggy Island; it’s the funniest thing that’s ever been on TV. So much of it was based on the kind of characters I knew.

  • Extras

  • The Office

  • ER; when George Clooney was in it.


Four places I’ve vacationed

  • San Francisco; Went with Gordon when I was 6 months pregnant with Lady. It was a suitably wonderful last break before our lives changed forever.

  • Hyeres; Little town in the south of France, where Gordon and I went camping for our 1st ever holiday together.

  • Giles Quay, Co.Louth; Memorable and lovely family holiday in a caravan when I was about 9.

  • USA; went on a cheap bus tour starting at Boston and ending at San Francisco when I was 20, stopping off at all these amazing national parks.


Four of my favorite dishes

  • Roast chicken dinner

  • Lasagna (made by myself, I’ve never tasted better!)

  • Really GOOD Chinese food, especially dim sum.

  • My Mum’s apple tart, she made the best pastry.


Four sites I visit daily

Four places I would rather be right now

  • In Rome

  • In bed

  • Somewhere nice and warm

  • I like it here!


Four bloggers I am tagging

Nope, I can't do this as I don't know enough bloggers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hm… that’s quite a variety of jobs you’ve got there! LOL

Movies - no Sound of Music? ;-)

Might have to invite myself to sample your lasagna…

Anonymous said...

What was so bad about Coventry? Although having lived there too - I wasn’t particularly enamoured either (although did have a bit of a crap time there).

Sharon McDaid said...

It wasn't so much that there was anything wrong with Coventry, just it was a time when bad things were happening. I actually liked the city, but I didn't want to move there. I could find no-where else to fund my post-grad studies. I was away from all the friends I'd made in London (and my man!) and my Mum was very sick at home in Ireland.